[United] Trenerių štabas

Kuris asmuo taps kitu atleistu MU treneriu?

1. Erik ten Hag
13%
2. Mauricio Pochettino
29%
3. Zinedine Zidane
6%
4. Steve Bruce
10%
5. Michael 'tęsim OGS good vibesus' Carrick
29%
6. Brendan Rodgers
13%
7. Kitas
No votes

Total votes: 31
Wat Wat
Posts in topic: 118

The_Red_Army wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 18:52
Wat Wat wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 18:34 Gal kas gali imest Athletic straipsni apie Armas?
Kazkaip man meh nuskambejo sita pavarde, Amerikonai kazkaip daug pasitikejimo nekelia, aisku tos pacios Red Bull organizacijos zmogus. All in all per spauda sita pavarde taip praejo, kad akimirksniu isgarsejo pasauliniu mastu, pirma rase, kad Ralf'as ims Armas, kuris buvo flop'as vienoje paskutiniu darbovieciu, tada kad ale Armas atmete United pasiulyma :lol: ir galiausiai po dveju dienu oficialiai training guru parase, kad ateina Armas ir kazkoks Psichologas Vokietis.
As straipsnio prasiau. Queiroz irgi buvo flopas kaip manageris, bet kaip asistentas laimejo mum CL.
ramzis
Posts in topic: 76

Wat Wat wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 18:34 Gal kas gali imest Athletic straipsni apie Armas?
Prisėdau šiandien suskaityt:
'A winner' with 'infectious positivity' who can organise a midfield: Why Manchester United hired Chris Armas

Ralf Rangnick has made two crucial staff appointments as he looks to salvage Manchester United’s 2021-22 season, with another two expected to be added in the coming weeks.

The first of those already announced, Sascha Lense, is a sports psychologist who worked with Rangnick at RB Leipzig. The second raised far more eyebrows.

Chris Armas will replace the departed Michael Carrick as an assistant coach after spending the majority of the last 25 years playing or coaching in Major League Soccer.

A feared defensive midfielder known as “the heart and soul” of his teams during a 14-year career with LA Galaxy and Chicago Fire, Armas played 66 times for the United States, although injuries kept him out of the squad that reached the quarter-finals of the 2002 World Cup.

Armas joined the Chicago Fire coaching staff after his 2007 retirement and then served as head coach of the women’s team at his old college, Adelphi University in New York state, from 2011-14.

He has been out of a job since being fired as head coach of MLS side Toronto FC in July following a club-record 7-1 thrashing by DC United that was their sixth loss in a row, but previously worked as Jesse Marsch’s right-hand man at that league’s New York Red Bulls before taking over when Marsch moved to the European branches of the Red Bull football empire Rangnick helped to build.

Those who have worked with Armas say he is “a fucking competitor”; a winner with an “infectious positivity about him” who shares many of Rangnick’s tactical philosophies but “can relate to and engage with any type of person and any type of player”.

So how does a 49-year-old New Yorker end up coaching Manchester United?

Availability undoubtedly played a role. While Armas has interviewed for MLS head coaching vacancies, he was without a job and able to immediately step into a role at Old Trafford.

While New York Red Bulls underwent a decline during his tenure and Toronto never got out of second gear in his brief spell there, his time as Marsch’s assistant is more relevant to this appointment.

By the end of his time in Toronto, the growing consensus in MLS was that Armas was an ideal fit for the Red Bull ideology: be as active out of possession as you are with it, press relentlessly, get the ball to your pacy players behind the opposition defence and trust young players along the way.

While it didn’t work in Toronto, where he was working with one of MLS’s oldest squads, it endeared him to the Red Bull hierarchy and may have caught the eye of Rangnick after he took over as the energy drink giant’s ​​global sports director in 2019.

“Ralf came to visit the club when Chris was head coach,” Alex Muyl, then a young winger at New York Red Bulls, tells The Athletic. “He spent three to five days watching our training — spoke to us a bit, but mostly watched before meeting with the coaches afterwards.

“He must have had a good feeling about Chris, but then again you’re always gonna have a good interaction with Chris.”

What is Armas’ tactical philosophy?

In 2018, Armas led New York Red Bulls to arguably the finest season in club history, compiling the best regular-season record in MLS. They also reached the CONCACAF Champions League semi-finals, losing to eventual winners Guadalajara 1-0 on aggregate, all while the team’s long-established core of players underwent a gradual dismantling.

His only full season as a head coach, 2019, gave plenty of evidence that he’s a kindred tactical spirit to Rangnick, though Armas did make a few tickles to how the team pressed.

MLS has built a reputation as an incredibly physical league with many teams adopting high-pressing systems, particularly in the Eastern Conference where New York Red Bulls play. Still, Armas’ side led the 24-team league with the quickest ball recoveries in 2019, also playing with the highest line of engagement and most direct attacking style. That came despite losing Tyler Adams to RB Leipzig after the 2018 season, taking one of the United States’ most tireless players out of Armas’ midfield.

While the side most often lined up in a 4-2-3-1, their chief playmaker (usually either the Paraguay international Kaku or Austrian Daniel Royer) was often given the freedom to find space without much responsibility to defend within the midfield. That bodes well for Rangnick’s 4-2-2-2 set-up, as Armas also experimented with that system during the 2020 season.

What is Armas like as a coach?

When Armas joined New York Red Bulls ahead of the 2015 MLS season, he entered a dressing room full of players who were used to challenging for the MLS title but ultimately falling short. Expectations were high from the start.

Defensive midfielder Dax McCarty took over as captain after Thierry Henry’s departure after the 2014 campaign.

“The first thing Jesse Marsch told me about bringing Chris in was that the guy’s a winner,” says McCarty, who earned 13 USA caps from 2009-17. “(Chris) has an infectious positivity about him that’s just going to permeate throughout the club — and you know, Jesse wasn’t wrong.

“Chris’ role evolved throughout my time there as captain but, first and foremost, he was just a fantastic conduit between the players and the head coach. When Jesse and Chris came to Red Bull, they appreciated the nature and opinion of the players that had been at Red Bull for a while, and they wanted to incorporate our veteran corps’ opinions or feelings on basically everything that we did.

“That was one thing that Chris was really good at: Being that guy who could put his arm around you and get your honest opinion about what we were doing and what we were trying to accomplish.”

Muyl and Adams each made their MLS debut during Armas’ second season as a New York assistant. Their inclusions came months after centre-back Matt Miazga was sold to Chelsea at age 20 after just 34 MLS appearances, and they had plenty of motivation to impress early and try to get into the line-up.

With such an array of personalities, many coaches can struggle to get the balance right. It’s one area in which Armas was exceptional for a team trying to keep a short-term focus on winning while also improving youth development. While Marsch handled the broader training and video sessions, Armas was entrusted to apply the personal touch.

“I think that Ralf Rangnick probably looks at Chris and says, ‘This is the type of guy who can relate to any type of guy on the roster’,” says McCarty. “He just has that personality and that ability to let guys drop their guard a little bit around them, and really dig deep into the person behind the player.

“Chris cares about people deeply. He wants to foster and establish relationships that go beyond the soccer field. As an athlete, I can tell you that’s one of the most valuable assets that an assistant coach can have — or any coach for that matter. It doesn’t surprise me that Ralf would want someone like that on his staff.”

McCarty and Muyl both recall Armas going from player to player during training sessions, either to point out areas to tweak after the first few minutes of a drill or to praise what they were doing exceptionally well. He also didn’t shy away from challenging them — even if it meant bending the rules.

“As a young guy, Chris was kind of like our point guy, like our go-to guy,” Muyl says. “He would do extra sessions with us whenever. He brought a lot of wisdom, and he was an unbelievable player in his time. He was still out there with us when I was coming up, and a fucking competitor.

“We’d play two-touch with him. He wants to win every time — technically, I’ve never beaten him because he’d just change the rules. If we were playing up to five, he’d say it’s best of seven or however many until he would pull ahead. He’s a winner, and as a young guy, he’s so supportive and he’ll give you a lot of love and wisdom.”

How might Armas help United’s midfield?

Those two-touch techniques helped Armas organise many a stout midfield as both a player and a coach.

He’s now joining a club where the midfield has been in disarray for multiple seasons.

He has focused on players all over the pitch, but held an affinity for those in his former position.

“I think that he uses his experience as a top-level player and as a full international to be able to relate to guys who play in the middle of the field,” says McCarty. “I remember Chris and I having numerous conversations and video sessions about little nuances of the position and areas of my game that I could improve as a defensive midfielder. The one area in particular that Chris really excels at is how cerebral the game is, and needs to be, from a midfield position.”

“Chris wasn’t the biggest, fastest or strongest player,” McCarty added. “That’s where his bread and butter was: being able to out-think you. He’s a guy that thinks deeply about the position.”

How will he handle the move to United?

“I don’t see (coming to Old Trafford) being an issue with Chris because I don’t think he’s gonna get into a pissing match with anyone,” says Muyl. “I don’t think he’s going to try and necessarily change what anyone’s thinking. If someone doesn’t think that they need what he’s going to give, I don’t think he’s going to turn it into some kind of stand-off or anything.

“I think they’re going to love him, the same way that players loved Jesse (Marsch) when he was in his assistant role at Leipzig (in 2018-19). I heard really positive things about him, because they respect someone who’s going to come in and just fucking give everything for the players and the club. You can’t be mad about that.”

Ultimately, Armas represents someone whose ideologies line up with Rangnick’s. He won’t shy away from the large personalities in the United dressing room, nor will he question if he’s ready for this job at a club of their stature.

“I think that he’s proven that he’s not afraid of the spotlight,” says McCarty. “He’s not afraid of a big moment. Whatever happened when he was a head coach at Red Bull and Toronto, I think it’s irrelevant to what he will be as an assistant coach at Man United.

“He’s going to work for a guy (Rangnick) who I think is universally revered for the way that he is able to get the best out of his teams and the way that he is able to get teams to buy into a philosophy — and then to maximize their potential.

“Chris isn’t going to be doing interviews. He’s not going to be a guy that’s in front of the camera. He’s going to be a guy that’s behind the scenes, working with individual players and working with a group of players who are highly talented individuals. I don’t think that transition is going to be too difficult for him.

“Obviously, you’re going to have to manage some incredible players and some incredible egos — guys that have world-class ability and talent. That’s something that I don’t think Chris has done yet in his career. But his personality is one that he will be able to relate to and engage with any type of person and any type of player.

“I have no qualms about saying that I think he’ll be able to fit right in with Manchester United, be a success and help that team and that manager turn things around.”
aBil
Posts in topic: 53

McKenna palieka štabą
ramzis

Taigi ryt SAF 80:

Wat Wat

Nemazai inside'o eina is United, kad Pochettino ir top priority.
Kokiais aspektais Pochas yra geriau uz Ten Haga?
yodawg
Posts in topic: 29

Wat Wat wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 13:54 Nemazai inside'o eina is United, kad Pochettino ir top priority.
Galimybe paimti.
evizu
Posts in topic: 23

EPL patikrintas variantas
T-Wolves
Posts in topic: 31

Wat Wat wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 13:54 Nemazai inside'o eina is United, kad Pochettino ir top priority.
EPL patirtis ir aplamai daugiau kur dirbęs, daugiau visko matęs ir patyręs. Manau, kad jo futbolą žaisti mažiau naujokų reikėtų. Ten Hag tik Ajax, kai aukščiausiu lygiu dirbęs, ten visiškai šiltnamio sąlygos, žaidėjai visi puikiai tinka, viskas organizacijoje puikiai sudėliota, tai į tokį MU chaosą pereiti, nemenka iššūkis turėtų būti.
Bet aš vis tiek rizikuočiau su Ten Hag. Vis įdomiau ir upside didesnis.
Wat Wat

yodawg wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 15:26
Galimybe paimti.
Abu paemami. Ne apie tai klausimas.
The_Red_Army
trancendentine reiksme
Posts in topic: 95

T-Wolves wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 15:45
EPL patirtis ir aplamai daugiau kur dirbęs, daugiau visko matęs ir patyręs. Manau, kad jo futbolą žaisti mažiau naujokų reikėtų. Ten Hag tik Ajax, kai aukščiausiu lygiu dirbęs, ten visiškai šiltnamio sąlygos, žaidėjai visi puikiai tinka, viskas organizacijoje puikiai sudėliota, tai į tokį MU chaosą pereiti, nemenka iššūkis turėtų būti.
Bet aš vis tiek rizikuočiau su Ten Hag. Vis įdomiau ir upside didesnis.
Mano mintis is esmes 1 prie 1 @T-Wolves, Pochas turi daugiau patirties, iskaitant EPL patirti ir jo zaidziamas futbolas nera ekstemistinis, kaip kad Ter Hag, kur kas tinka Ajax ir FCB is esmes tik jiems ir tinka.

As pats ant 50/50 siam momentui, kazkaip Ter Hag daugiau excitement'o sukurtu siai dienai, nes zinom ka Ajax gali sukurti, o United turi belekiek saibu, kad sukurti geresni produkta, bet Pochas atrodo patikimas variantas.

P.S. Gal atrodo, kad abu sakiniai apie Ajax stiliu biski priestarauja vienas kitam, tikiu, kad United gali zaisti Ajax way, bet Ter Hag turi gauti very powerful kontrakta su garantijomis, kad nebus nuimtas jeigu chocke'ins pradzioj, aka atleidimas per pirmus du sezonus 40mln. kompensacija. Arba kitaip sakant su Ter Hag noreciau griztancio vDS.
Last edited by The_Red_Army on 10 Jan 2022, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
ramzis

The_Red_Army wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 17:53Arba kitaip sakant su Ter Hag noreciau griztancio vDS.
Murtough nepraėjo bandomojo?
Wat Wat

VDS pats neatmeta ateity atejimo i United.
Tommy
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 84

Arnold periminėja geriausias praktikas iš Woodwardo ir trenerio paieškoms pasitelks punditų pagalbą:
Richard Arnold has started canvassing opinion from the United ex-players who have been the most vocal during the club’s years of drift. He has already contacted Gary Neville and intends to do the same with some other ex-players working as television pundits
This club :madridista: :madridista: :madridista:
Wat Wat

As tikiuosi kad cia antis. Kazkur skaiciau kad Arnoldas yra visiska Edo priesingybe ir jam nera svarbu, kad kazkas ji megtu - t.y. isiteikt sirgaliams ir punditams.
ramzis

Ar turim Enrique fanų :angelic-halo:

reyu
mes que un club
Posts in topic: 54

ramzis wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 12:41 Ar turim Enrique fanų :angelic-halo:
Geriausias variantas, bet manau, kad nelabai įmanomas.
Wat Wat

reyu wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 12:47
ramzis wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 12:41 Ar turim Enrique fanų :angelic-halo:
Geriausias variantas, bet manau, kad nelabai įmanomas.
Gal dar tada Emery?
reyu
mes que un club

Wat Wat wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 18:28 Gal dar tada Emery?
Ne.
Wat Wat

reyu wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 08:15
Ne.
Jasna.
reyu
mes que un club

Rinktinių langas puikus laikas pasidaryti namų darbus, kaip aš mėgstu sakyti. 131 nepavykęs šio sezono kampinis: