[LFC] Straipsniai, komentarai, pasisakymai spaudoje

Phect
Posts in topic: 22

NON-LFC fanams gal ir nelabai aktualu, bet dalinuosi man labai patikusiu Chris Bascombe straipsniu. Puikiai sudėjo ant popieriaus viską, ką aš galvoju. Apie Kloppo 3 metų darbą ir ateinančio sezono tikslus.
Jurgen Klopp fears ‘crazy expectations’ for Liverpool trophies are spiralling out of control

It is tempting to visualise Jurgen Klopp spending the summer seeking treatment for amnesia.

“I’m sure there was something I was meaning to do when I joined Liverpool... now... what was it again?”

Fortunately, there are post-it notes aplenty.

“Win a trophy,” they read.

Some of the prompts are more specific – insistent, even.

“This season,” they add.

“Preferably the Premier League.”

So many reminders, some gentle, others less so.

Everyone is saying and thinking the time to win silverware is overdue. Klopp agrees, although after seeing his side dismantle Napoli in their penultimate warm-up game his main concern is what he described as ‘crazy expectations’ spiralling out of control.

“We have shown a lot of good things in the last few years but it was never in one second easy and it will not be this season easy,” he said.

“If we win a game, we win a game and must win the next game as well, not be celebrating anything as if it is decided. I really believe our fans are spot on and know what is going on. We have high expectations of ourselves but our situation has not changed. I do not see that United has got weaker, or City weaker. Tottenham have not sold a player and have stayed together. I think Arsenal and Chelsea will be stronger than last year. Everton obviously are pushing from behind. Wolves are not shy to spend money. The league will be difficult.”

Klopp's caution reflects Liverpool being in new territory this summer. The addition of £65m goalkeeper Alisson - who made his debut in Dublin – strengthens an expensively assembled side which looks equipped to mount an all-too-rare Premier League challenge.

With raised hope and hefty cheques brings more pressure, but there is something distinctive about the increasing demand on Klopp and Liverpool.

Managers at the biggest clubs inevitably find themselves in trouble when they do not win trophies, but usually that builds from an impatient fanbase or intolerant board. Klopp goes into this season with neither.

There is internal expectation, naturally, but the most vocal tetchiness is external. It is Liverpool’s adversaries sounding more agitated by Klopp’s three years of near misses.

“How dare they?” they seem to scream.

“How dare those people be enjoying themselves, how dare they be so rampantly positive, when Klopp has won nothing for them.”

You particularly sense it at Liverpool’s top four rivals – that simmering resentment that Klopp’s work is so appreciated when he has the audacity to keep tripping at the last hurdle.

None of those demanding success this season predicted Liverpool would reach the Europa League final in 2016, but that does not matter now.

None of them predicted Liverpool would reach the Champions League final in 2018, either.

That overachievement was also swiftly considered irrelevant after defeat to a side completing a hat-trick of wins. The narrowness of Klopp’s ‘failures’ and thrilling, progressive football en route cannot and will not be shrugged aside when judgements are made on a reign which – should his contract be fulfilled – is not even mid-term.

“Ah, but now they have spent lots of money,” say those who a year ago argued Liverpool can never hope to compete if they sell the best players like Philippe Coutinho.

It appears rather than reinvest the £142m from that sale, Klopp should have asked Liverpool’s owners to donate it to charity - otherwise he is a hypocrite who buys a team rather than builds one.

The fact winning the league involves overcoming the richest club in the world, and Champions League those who have spent considerably more over a longer period – including luring Liverpool’s best players of the last four years - hardly makes claiming one of the most coveted trophies a guarantee (let’s not insult each others’ intelligence here and suggest a League Cup or even the FA Cup will satisfy. Yes, Liverpool would embrace it but that’s not the endgame).

Moods can quickly change, but the hint during this pre-season is of further improvement. James Milner, Gini Wijnaldum, Mo Salah, Daniel Sturridge and Alberto Moreno continued the positive momentum against an excellent Napoli team in the Aviva Stadium.

“It is not about judging our situation and thinking, ‘really good’. We need to be ready each week, not only for a few games. That is our challenge,” said Klopp, in an appeal for perspective he may need to repeat more forcibly in coming days and months.

“If we keep the atmosphere within the club from last year we have a chance of really big season. Then we will see what happens.”
Phect

Klopp pašnekėjo apie tai, kaip LFC praeitą sezoną (ir anksčiau) buvo one trick pony ir nelabai rasdavo atsakymų, kai high press neveikdavo prieš giliai sulindusias komandas :lol:
The German manager was explaining how Liverpool have been less reliant on their high press so far this season when he came out with the strange remark.

'Last year, our big strength was high pressing, and then when the opponents didn't play football, it was like, 'sorry,' he said.

'It's like a dog. If you don't give him his favourite toy and throw him something else, he thinks, 'No, I don't want that. I want the other one. I want to play high press.'

'So, that's how you develop, step by step, doing different things.'
KepenuBaseinas
Posts in topic: 2

Na vaizdas tas toks, kaip ir jau anksciau minejau, kad Klopp'as vasara netinginiavo, o ruosesi EPL'o sturmui, komaanda zaidzia gal ir ne toki akiai malonu futbola kaip praejusiame sezone, bet geresni - taskai tai atspindi. Siemet puolimu uzgozem, nepalikom vilciu tik 3 komandom - West Hamui, Spursam ir PSG, o kitas iveikem ir be totalinio puolimo, tiesiog siame sezone reikia bijoti ne tik musu puolimo, bet ir gynybos. Ir plius zaidziant pries visokius luzerius, leidziama ir jiems pastumdyt kamuoli, kadangi lipant vient tik ant vartu, kas buvo praeitam sezone, norimo rezultato gali ir nepasiekt, o dabar kai duodi varzovui atakuot, atsiveria daugiau erdviu varzovu aikstes pusej, kad ir ne taip daznai kaip noretusi, bet is penkiu progu viena isnaudojam ir siame sezone dazniausiai to pakanka.
Phect

Fabinho pašnekėjo šiek tiek apie PSG ir tas prieš kurį laiką pasirodžiusias žinias spaudoje apie nuomą į PSG:
I never thought of going elsewhere.

I know a lot of things were written in the newspapers, but it wasn’t true. What’s funny is that this PSG loan story came out just before our Champions League match [in November].

And I had already experienced a similar story the day before the final of the Coupe de la Ligue between PSG and Monaco [in March 2018]. It’s a strange coincidence, isn't it?

In fact, if I had to sign at PSG, it’s the year before it could have been done.

They were very interested, I talked a lot with Antero and the club’s leaders, but it didn’t work.

The year after, I did not wait for them… And then, I thought it was time to leave France.
<3 <3 <3

Reikėjo laiko jam adaptacijai, kaip ir visiems į Kloppo Liverpulį atvykusiems žaidėjams (išskyrus monCtrus Alissoną ir VVD), tačiau po truputį jau atsiskleidžia ir pradeda rodyti klasę. Labai labai reikalingas ir svarbus žaidėjas. Žaidė jau kaip CDM, CM, RB ir CB. Braziliškasis Milneris :pray:
KepenuBaseinas

:arrow_up: Butent, bus negaila ir labai ramiai galesim isleist Milneri i pensija (i Leeds United), nes Fabinho prie trupucio sekmes gali tapt toks svarbus, koks buvo Mascherano.
Furis
Site Admin

Man iš Fabinho pasisakymo labiau patiko dviejų lygų palyginimas:
When you have the ball at your feet, you have less time to react. You always have one or two opponents on your back. In France, I was able to turn. Here, your reaction time has to be very quick. And the physical impact hurts. These guys resist in duels and jump high.
Gal šis paprastas ir elementarus skirtumas ir yra tai, dėl ko daug užsieniečių, atvarę į EPL, strugglina kaip reikalas? Ypač kalbant apie saugus/centro žaidėjus.
hippo

Furis wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 14:31 Gal šis paprastas ir elementarus skirtumas ir yra tai, dėl ko daug užsieniečių, atvarę į EPL, strugglina kaip reikalas? Ypač kalbant apie saugus/centro žaidėjus.
Čia visiškai kapitoniškai obviousiškas faktas, o Fabinho yra koks 37-as žaidėjas, apie tai kalbantis.
Furis
Site Admin

hippo wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 15:08 Čia visiškai kapitoniškai obviousiškas faktas, o Fabinho yra koks 37-as žaidėjas, apie tai kalbantis.
Turbūt kad. :oops:

Man tik kažkoks keistas įspūdis (stereotipas) susidaręs, kad kas jau kas, bet Ligue1 žaidėjai fiziniu EPL futbolu neturėtų skųstis, nes ten pas juos daug kas jėga ir greičiu paremta. Bet EPL panašu kad vis tiek karaliauja šiuo atžvilgiu.
T-Wolves

Ligue 1 tikrai nėra tokio spaudimo ir tokio tempo kaip EPL. Labai abejoju ar kur nors kitur taip yra.
Phect

J. W. Henry ir FSG visuose frontuose all-in prieš City vėžį eina. Įdomus kampas, kurio iki šiol neteko girdėt. Ištrauka iš straipsnio The Times:
City’s ability to artificially inflate the value of their sponsorship income has enabled them to undercut other Premier League clubs to secure commercial deals.

Liverpool are convinced that they have lost out on several commercial opportunities because City accepted a lower offer from the same companies, an indulgence it has been suggested they can afford because of their access to Abu Dhabi’s sovereign wealth. Uefa is investigating allegations that City disguised investment by the club’s owner, Sheikh Mansour, by representing it as sponsorship from the country’s airline, Etihad. An internal email between City executives obtained by German magazine Der Spiegel regarding a £67.5 million sponsorship for the 2015-16 season states that “£8 million should be funded directly by Etihad and £59.5 million by ADUG”, which is Mansour’s own City holding company. City have denied any wrongdoing and insist the documents have been taken out of context.
Phect

Jermaine Jenas punditerija :handgestures-thumbup:

Phect

Hendersonas yra mutantas. Po mačo su Barca čiut sugebėjo nuo žemės atsikelt. Biški pasisakė apie tai spaudoj:
There was no way I was going to come off that night. I hurt a tendon in my knee in a tackle but I knew if I could manage the pain and reach half-time, I’d be ok. I had injections & painkillers and jumped on the spinning bike for 10 minutes to stop my knee seizing up.
Phect

The Telegraph išspausdino labai fainą Chris Bascome interviu su Hendersonu. Kelios citatos:
The formal handing over of the Champions League trophy was seconds away, and Henderson – the Liverpool captain – decided he did not want to accept it alone.

He approached Milner and manager Jurgen Klopp, urging them to share the honour.

“If anyone other than you lifts up that trophy they are getting fucking wrestled to the ground,” Milner replied.

“I felt myself, Millie and the gaffer should have lifted it together,” said Henderson.

“I asked Millie and the gaffer because I felt as though Millie is a big part of the squad. I know I wear the armband when I play but he wore it a lot when I haven't been playing. He is a big part of the dressing room. Without him it would have been different - and the manager. What we did that night wouldn't have been possible without the manager. But he said no. I hadn't planned it

“For me, the photo would have meant the same if the manager was lifting the trophy and I was stood behind him.”

Since replacing Steven Gerrard as captain in 2015, Henderson has sought his own identity as skipper. His willingness to sacrifice the trophy lift will surely epitomise his career wearing the armband – the ultimate validation of his leadership style.

“Everyone looks at the captain to lift the trophy and everyone speaks highly of the captain when you win a competition, but if you rewind to a year or two ago, people would have been criticising the way I am and asking if I should be captain,” says Henderson.

“That is not for me to get involved with because they do not really know. You can’t judge a captain on performance. There is a lot more than the way you play at the weekend. A lot goes into it behind the scenes, not just me. There are a lot of leaders in this group and the manager. I don’t see why I should be given more praise.

“Even though people outside may have doubted (me), I have never felt it was that way inside. The players and manager have always been 100 per cent behind me and I have always felt their confidence.

“Listen, don't get me wrong. I'm so proud to captain this football club and I don't take that lightly. Just playing for this club is unbelievable, and to captain it and lift the Champions League trophy was unbelievable. But that's not what it's about for me. Just winning the European Cup was enough for me, with this team, this manager, this club.”
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... l-doubted/
Phect

Kai mandagiai bandai pasakyti „LOL NO THANK YOU“, gaunasi kažkaip taip. Kloppas, užklaustas apie Bale:
He is an outstanding player, I like him a lot but it is not about him. You have to create a team. A team is not a collection of the best individual players, they have to work together. Liverpool is a long-term project. The team is really good.
Phect

Seniai tekstas apie futbolą tiek emocijų kėlė. Alexander Arnold ir The Players' Tribune. Labai geras.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... tball-club
Phect

Why Liverpool were right to snub Philippe Coutinho

James Pearce, the Athletic

Philippe Coutinho would have jumped at the opportunity to return to Liverpool.

When it became apparent that Barcelona were looking to off-load him last month, the Brazilian’s representatives made it clear that Anfield was his destination of choice.

Why wouldn’t it be? After all, it was under the guidance of Jurgen Klopp that Coutinho took the leap from promising talent to elite performer before forcing through a £142 million move to the Nou Camp in January 2018.

The prospect of being reunited with the European champions after his dream in Catalonia had turned into a nightmare was enticing. Coutinho remains close friends with Roberto Firmino having been best man at the striker’s wedding two years ago.

However, the dialogue between the parties didn’t last long. It was a non-starter. Liverpool swiftly made it clear that they wouldn’t be interested in what was on the table – an expensive season-long loan with the option to buy next summer.

Instead Coutinho remained in limbo until Bayern Munich finally agreed to meet Barcelona’s demands and he headed for Bavaria. The Bundesliga giants will pay a £8 million loan fee and cover his £250,000-a-week wages. Bayern can make the deal permanent next summer if they are willing to shell out a further £110 million.

Did Liverpool miss a trick by turning down the chance to bring Coutinho back into the fold? It’s a topic that polarises opinion among supporters.

Many were vehemently opposed to the idea of re-signing the 27-year-old on account of how he agitated for the move to Barca before owners Fenway Sports Group finally relented. There was the mystery back injury he picked up in the pre-season of 2017 – curiously around the same time that FSG president Mike Gordon informed Coutinho before an Audi Cup game in Munich that under no circumstances would he be sold. Remarkably, the pain eased once the window had shut. That left a sour taste.

He was equally persistent the following winter to the point that Klopp concluded that there was “no chance” of keeping him for the second half of the campaign. It was a damaging sideshow.

Others would have been willing to forgive Coutinho’s conduct and his decision to jump ship in the knowledge that he would have bolstered Liverpool’s hopes of landing the Premier League crown. It certainly would have given them greater firepower in their battle with Manchester City.

Did emotion cloud Liverpool’s judgement? The reality is that pragmatism won the day.

Bringing Coutinho back to Anfield didn’t make sense on a number of different levels for Klopp and sporting director Michael Edwards.

Finance played a part but it wasn’t the overriding reason. It would have cost Liverpool in excess of £21 million in wages and loan fees to secure Coutinho’s services for the next nine months.

Klopp and Edwards were in agreement – that kind of outlay just couldn’t be justified for a player who had lost his way so alarmingly last season.

They spoke about how Coutinho would potentially fit back into the team. Would he instantly improve Liverpool’s starting XI? The answer was a resounding no.

When the former Inter Milan attacker was trying to cut his ties with Anfield, those close to him were briefing that Coutinho was unhappy because he didn’t feel valued enough at Liverpool. He wanted to be regarded as Klopp’s main man.

There was little prospect of him being afforded that kind of status if he had returned to a club boasting a three-pronged attack of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Firmino, as well as centre-back Virgil van Dijk and No 1 Alisson Becker.

Coutinho had enjoyed some of his best days for Liverpool in an advanced central midfield role but Klopp was already content with his creative options in that department.

The German is convinced that both Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will kick on and flourish this term. Coutinho would have been battling with them for a place rather than walking straight in. Considering the sums involved and his mission to rebuild his shattered confidence that wouldn’t have suited anyone.

The fact is that both Liverpool’s style and mentality has evolved without Coutinho. Sanctioning his sale in January 2018 looked like a massive gamble at the time but it helped Klopp take the club to the next level.

For a start, the eye-watering £142 million fee effectively paid for the signings of Van Dijk and Alisson which transformed the team defensively. It was a crazy amount of cash for a player who had cost just £8.5 million from Inter five years earlier.

Coutinho’s exit also enabled Liverpool to become less predictable as an attacking force and encouraged others to take on more responsibility. Klopp previously felt that too often team-mates looked to the man nicknamed the ‘Little Magician’ to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

“I couldn’t imagine that we would do this well without Phil but we did and it’s all good,” Klopp said prior to the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona back in May.

That tie proved to be a humiliating experience for Coutinho, who was dragged off in both legs as his former club pulled off a miraculous fightback.

While fellow Anfield old boy Luis Suarez felt the wrath of the Kop, there was largely apathy, even pity, shown towards Coutinho such was the paucity of his contribution.

Bringing Coutinho back wouldn’t have upset the dressing room. There’s no ill will towards him. They will wish him well at Bayern and hope he gets his career back on track.

Klopp will do likewise in the knowledge that post-Coutinho his side have reached back-to-back Champions League finals, collected a club record 97 Premier League points and been crowned champions of Europe.

Coutinho belongs to Liverpool’s past. The decision to keep it like that was made with heads rather than hearts. It was about logic rather than emotion.
aBil
Posts in topic: 3

https://theathletic.co.uk/1162465/2019/ ... full-back/

Geras straipsnis apie TAA iš autoriaus, apie kurį šitam forumiuke kalbėta buvo. Berods Furis kažkokią ten knygą jo skaitęs buvo.
Phect

aBil wrote: 26 Aug 2019, 17:56 https://theathletic.co.uk/1162465/2019/ ... full-back/

Geras straipsnis apie TAA iš autoriaus, apie kurį šitam forumiuke kalbėta buvo. Berods Furis kažkokią ten knygą jo skaitęs buvo.
Reddito LFC sub'o moderatoriai pakeitė savo politiką ir uždraudė komentaruose copy-pastint the Athletic straipsnius (nes redditas neva jau gavo kažkokį copyright claimą) nepaisant to, jog iš visų kitų šaltinių su paywall tą daryti leidžia (įskaitant ir pvz. the Times, kur taip pat gerai rašo Joyce). Nepaisant to, link'us į paywall apsaugotus the Athletic straipsnius dėti leidžia (kas tiesiogiai pažeidžia sub'o 'no promotions' taisyklę).

Čia dar tokia viena neatletiška Atletiko founderių citatėlė:

Ryšium su šita didžia neteisybe ir hipokritišku reddito socialjusticewarriorsų požiūriu, manau it would be only fair, kad šitam sub'e būtų galima tokius straipsnius copint.

Cox apie Arnoldą jau yra rašęs praeitą rudenį (https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/tactic ... e-for-long), tai įdomu būtų paskaityt, ar čia tiesiog atrajoja seną turinį, ar vis dėlto kažką naujo išgimdyt sugebėjo.
aBil
Posts in topic: 3

Phect wrote: 26 Aug 2019, 18:16
aBil wrote: 26 Aug 2019, 17:56 https://theathletic.co.uk/1162465/2019/ ... full-back/

Reddito LFC sub'o moderatoriai pakeitė savo politiką ir uždraudė komentaruose copy-pastint the Athletic straipsnius (nes redditas neva jau gavo kažkokį copyright claimą) nepaisant to, jog iš visų kitų šaltinių su paywall tą daryti leidžia (įskaitant ir pvz. the Times, kur taip pat gerai rašo Joyce). Nepaisant to, link'us į paywall apsaugotus the Athletic straipsnius dėti leidžia (kas tiesiogiai pažeidžia sub'o 'no promotions' taisyklę).

Čia dar tokia viena neatletiška Atletiko founderių citatėlė:

Ryšium su šita didžia neteisybe ir hipokritišku reddito socialjusticewarriorsų požiūriu, manau it would be only fair, kad šitam sub'e būtų galima tokius straipsnius copint.

Cox apie Arnoldą jau yra rašęs praeitą rudenį (https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/tactic ... e-for-long), tai įdomu būtų paskaityt, ar čia tiesiog atrajoja seną turinį, ar vis dėlto kažką naujo išgimdyt sugebėjo.
Žiauriai tingiu tuos paveiksliukus po vieną kelnot, tai bandom taip: https://www.docdroid.net/npFV5m1/cox-taa.pdf
Phect

aBil wrote: 26 Aug 2019, 18:58Žiauriai tingiu tuos paveiksliukus po vieną kelnot, tai bandom taip: https://www.docdroid.net/npFV5m1/cox-taa.pdf
Nice, ačiū! :cool: